Hammer Nutrition HEED Energy Electrolyte Drink (32 Servings)Hammer Nutrition
32 Servings (1 Level Scoop): Net Wt. 2.04lbs (928g)
High Energy Electrolyte Drink
Most “sports drinks” are the same—lots of sugar, salt, and citric acid. HEED is your healthy, subtle-flavored alternative—complex carbohydrates, a balanced electrolyte profile, and essential nutrients balance blood sugar, buffer lactic acid, and ensure long-lasting energy. Xylitol and stevia are tooth-friendly sweeteners.
✓ Non-acidic sports drink
✓ Sustained energy, no sugar crash
✓ Reduces cramps
✓ Buffers lactic acid
✓ Supports dental health
HOW TO USE
One scoop of HEED contains 100 kilocalories (approx. 29 g powder).
Suggested Doses by Body Weight*:
|Up to 41 kg||0,5 - 1 scoop / hr||50 - 100 kcal|
|41 - 55 kg||0,75 - 1,5 scoop / hr||75 - 150 kcal|
|55 - 70 kg||1 - 1,5 scoop / hr||100 - 150 kcal|
70 - 86 kg
1,5 - 2 scoops / hr
2 - 2,25 scoops / hr
150 - 200 kcal
200 - 225 kcal
Mixing / Usage Instructions
Mix 0,5 - 2,25 scoops (see chart above) of HEED in 475-825 ml of water. Sip regularly during exercise.
Please Note: It is believed that xylitol is unsafe for consumption by dogs; therefore, it is not recommended to feed your dog any products that contain xylitol, nor any products that are made for human consumption.
Mandarin-Orange: Maltodextrin, Xylitol, Natural Flavor, Calcium Chelate, Salt, L-Carnosine, Stevia, Glycine, Magnesium Chelate, Potassium Chelate, Tyrosine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Chelate, Chromium Polynicotinate.
- Maltodextrin: A high-glycemic index (GI) complex carbohydrate, ideal for providing fast-acting, long-lasting energy during exercise and for replenishing the body’s glycogen stores after exercise.
- Xylitol: This natural sweetener is found in a variety of fibrous fruits and vegetables. It promotes oral health, as it does not ferment and support the acid-producing bacteria that cause tooth decay. NOTE: It is believed that xylitol is unsafe for consumption by dogs; therefore, we do not recommend you feed your dog any xylitol-containing products, including HEED or Recoverite.
- Full-spectrum electrolyte profile: The complete profile of sodium, chloride, calcium, magnesium, and potassium helps maintain performance of many important bodily functions during exercise, while also helping protect against muscle cramping.
- L-Carnosine: One of the most versatile and beneficial nutrients available. It buffers lactic acid during exercise and offers antioxidant support.
- Glycine: This amino acid is beneficial for aiding with muscle tissue repair, protecting collagen in joints, and reducing joint pain. Additionally, glycine has a naturally sweet taste, contributing to HEED’s delicious flavor.
- L-Tyrosine: Aids in the functioning of the adrenal, pituitary, and thyroid glands, which are responsible for the production and regulation of numerous key hormones. This contributes to increased performance levels and decreased recovery time.
- Manganese: This trace mineral is necessary for optimal muscle cell enzyme reactions and for the conversion of fatty acids and protein into energy.
- Chromemate brand chromium polynicotinate: This trace mineral helps regulate blood sugar and plays a vital role in the synthesis of glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids.
Q: What Are The Main Differences Between Heed And Endurolytes Fizz?
A: HEED is a powdered sports drink that contains calories, a full-spectrum electrolyte proﬁle, and key auxiliary nutrients. Endurolytes Fizz is a nearly-calorie-free, full-spectrum electrolyte replenishment product in effervescent tablet form.
Every scoop of HEED contains 110 calories and about the same amounts of electrolytes as one-half tablet of Endurolytes Fizz. While taking into account the many variables that determine how much electrolytic mineral support you need, a general (read: not “set in stone, but a good starting point”) recommendation is one-half tablet of Endurolytes Fizz (or one Endurolytes capsule) for every 50-60 pounds of body weight per hour, altering that dose on an as-needed basis.
Using that gauge, lighter-weight athletes will oftentimes ﬁnd that 1-2 scoops of HEED in a water bottle will cover their entire fueling requirements — ﬂuids, calories, and electrolytes — for an hour or so.
The same is true for most athletes who are doing short-duration workouts and require only minimal amounts of calories and electrolytes.
During longer bouts of exercise, when Perpetuem or Sustained Energy is the primary fuel (and especially when concentrated, multi-hour bottles of either product are being used), Endurolytes Fizz is an ideal alternative to Endurolytes capsules, primarily for athletes who are either unable to swallow capsules during exercise, or who prefer to fulﬁll their electrolytic mineral needs via lightly ﬂavored, effervescent (“ﬁzzy”) electrolyte water.
A key point to remember is that if you put “X” amount of scoops of HEED or “X” number of Endurolytes Fizz in your water bottle, your dose is preset . . . you’ve basically put a ceiling on it, which can become an issue if what you’ve put in your bottle is proving to be insufﬁcient (such as if the weather gets hotter).
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you carry extra Endurolytes Fizz tablets or Endurolytes capsules. You may end up not needing them, but you’ll feel better knowing that you have them within easy reach, should the conditions require more electrolytic mineral support than what you’re obtaining from however many scoops of HEED or Endurolytes Fizz tablets you’ve put in your bottle.
Lastly, you can most deﬁnitely add Endurolytes Fizz tablets to your bottle(s) of HEED to bolster the electrolyte content. If you’re adventurous, you can create a new ﬂavor by, for example, adding Grape Endurolytes Fizz to Melon HEED, or numerous other creative combinations.
Bottom line: HEED = Calories + electrolytes
Q: When Would I Use Heed Or Perpetuem?
A: HEED is a “carbohydrate only” drink mix that is great for bouts of exercise up to 2-3 hours in duration. Perpetuem is a “carb + protein + healthy fat” drink mix that is ideal for longer-duration workouts and races. The inclusion of protein in Perpetuem helps to satisfy the 10-15% of energy that must come from protein/amino acids during long-duration exercise. Without this protein donation the body is forced to cannibalize its lean muscle tissue to satisfy this small percentage of energy requirements. That decreases exercise performance, due to the excess amount of fatigue-causing ammonia that is produced, and it will also cause recovery after exercise to be significantly longer because there is a greater percentage of broken down muscle tissue that needs repairing. The healthy fat added to the Perpetuem formula gives the body a cue of sorts to let it know that it’s not depriving it of fat (the “you have to eat fat to burn fat” train of thought). As a result, the body releases its fatty acid stores more liberally so that the calories from them can be used to create energy more consistently and efficiently. As you can see, Perpetuem is a very complete “meal in a bottle” fuel for endurance exercise.
Both products are ideal for use during exercise of any intensity lasting up to 2-3 hours.
Hammer Gel is a concentrated complex carbohydrate gel with the consistency of syrup. It is the best choice for athletes who prefer drinking plain water for hydration.
HEED is a powdered sports drink mix. It is the best choice for athletes who DO NOT like drinking plain water while exercising.
Offered in 12 flavors: Apple-Cinnamon, Banana, Chocolate, Espresso, Montana Huckleberry, Orange, Raspberry, Tropical, Vanilla, Nocciola (Hazelnut), Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter-Chocolate.
HEED comes in five flavors: Cherry Bomb, Lemon-Lime, Mandarin Orange, Melon, and Strawberry.
Caffeine Quotient: Espresso contains 50mg and Tropical contain 25mg of caffeine per serving.
Caffeine Quotient: Cherry Bomb contains 25mg of caffeine per serving.
Either product can be used as a partial source of calories during ultra distance events to provide variety and flavor to your primary fuel sources, Perpetuem and/or Sustained Energy.
Q: What Is L-Tyrosine And Why Is It In The Endurolytes Products And Heed?
A: L-tyrosine is an amino acid that is included in Endurolytes and HEED products to help support thyroid and adrenal function. Blood plasma deficiency of this amino acid during endurance exercise will lower thyroid and adrenal production, which hinders metabolism, leading to fatigue. According to Dr. Bill Misner, "Symptoms of l-tyrosine depletion first appear as depression, later anger, then despondency that degenerates into total despair." If you've experienced these symptoms during a training session or race, chances are it's due to low thyroid and adrenal production. You can easily avoid this problem by supplementing l-tyrosine via HEED and/or any of the Endurolytes products. Tyrosine is also purported to help increase alertness, a definitely plus during ultra distance workouts and races.
At Athleti, we provide fast shipping on all sports nutrition, hydration, and fitness products straight to your door.
CARRIERS: All Nutrition and Hydration Products are shipped via FedEx, Canada Post, or courier and can be tracked online. All Fitness Products are shipped via Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, or courier from Canada. We partner with Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, and CanPar, known for their fast, safe, and reliable service from coast-to-coast.
- Ontario & Quebec: 2-4 business days
- Manitoba, Saskatchewan, & Alberta: 3-7 business days
- British Columbia: 5-8 business days
- Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island): 2-10 business days
- Northwest Territories & Yukon: 2-13 business days
- Nunavut: 6-13 business days