Hammer Nutrition - Race Day BoostHammer Nutrition
Performance Advantage: Get the boost you need!
Race Day Boost greatly enhances the performance of your body’s three energy production pathways. That means, no matter what your race pace may be—low-to-moderate intensity, higher intensity/anaerobic, or flat-out sprint—a four-day load with Race Day Boost delivers the goods to help you meet or exceed your race day expectations. Race Day Boost superbly buffers lactic acid and dramatically improves oxygen utilization, which is why it’s no surprise that, in the most extensive research to date on Race Day Boost’s primary ingredient, study subjects enjoyed a whopping 8% improvement in performance time.
✓ Boost peak performance
✓ Increases endurance
✓ Helps reduce lactic acid production
HOW TO USE
If doing a multi-day event this protocol may be used:
- Follow the same 4-day loading protocol as described above.
- Take 4 capsules of Race Day Boost with Recoverite as soon as possible after the race, with another 4-capsule dose of Race Day Boost with food later in the day/evening.
- Follow this twice daily "maintenance dose" protocol after each stage.
**This product must be tested in training prior to use for a race.
The majority of the studies of the main ingredient in Race Day Boost (RDB), sodium tribasic phosphate, showed remarkably positive, performance-enhancing results with administration of 1 gram (1000 mg) of the nutrient four times daily for four straight days. That is the dosage recommendation for most athletes. However, it is theoretically possible that lighter weight athletes may be able to achieve the same benefits using less of this nutrient.
With that in mind, here are some suggested usage instructions—based on a range of body weights—which you may want to test in your training:
Alternate Race Day Boost Loading
- For athletes weighing < 125lbs
- Day One: 4 capsules one time/day
- Day Two: 4 capsules two times/day
- Day Three: 4 capsules two times/day
- Day Four: 4 capsules three times/day
- For athletes weighing between 126-160lbs
- Day One: 4 capsules two times/day
- Day Two: 4 capsules three times/day
- Day Three: 4 capsules three times/day
- Day Four: 4 capsules four times/day
- For athletes weighing 160+ lbs
- Day One: 4 capsules four times/day
- Day Two: 4 capsules four times/day
- Day Three: 4 capsules four times/day
- Day Four: 4 capsules four times/day
- Sodium (Tribasic) Phosphate: This compound enhances the functioning of all three of the body’s ATP-producing energy systems: the short-term ATP-CP system, the medium-term lactic acid system, and the long-term oxygen/aerobic system. A primary benefit of sodium (tribasic) phosphate is its ability to buffer blood acidity and help maintain a more ideal acid-alkaline balance by neutralizing excess hydrogen ions within the muscle cell. Effectively buffering lactic acid extends energy production within this system. This nutrient also increases 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG). This compound, found in red blood cells, helps release oxygen from hemoglobin into the muscle cells. An increase in 2,3-DPG will improve the availability of oxygen to working muscles during exercise.
- Malic Acid: A natural substance found in apples and other fruits. Malic acid helps balance the extreme alkalinity of Race Day Boost, thus minimizing-to-eliminating the potential for stomach distress. As an essential component of the Krebs cycle, malic acid also helps boost energy levels and is beneficial for liver health.
|Race Day Boost Capsules Supplement Facts|
|Serving Size 4 capsules Servings Per Container 16|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Sodium (from Trisodium Phosphate)||300mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.† Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Malic Acid, Rice Concentrate (Oryza Sativa), Rice Flour (Oryza Sativa), Vegetable Capsules (Plant Cellulose).
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
A: Absolutely! In fact, for an evening race, you could take a dose of Race Day Boost in the morning and a second dose at lunchtime/early afternoon. You could also do an extended load with Race Day Boost. While most of the studies with sodium tribasic phosphate were for a 5-day load, there are a couple studies where a a 5-day load with sodium tribasic phosphate was used. So, for a Saturday evening race, if you did your normal 4x a day dosing on T, W, Th, and F, with another two doses on Saturday (as outlined above), that may very well yield the best results.
Q: Would any Hammer Nutrition products be illegal to use during competition or show up in a drug test?
A: The WADA/USADA banned substance list can be found at https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/wada_2019_english_prohibited_list.pdf and there is nothing in any of the products, Race Day Boost included, that is on that list. Additionally, all products are made in GMP-certified, banned substance-free facilities, so even cross-contamination is not a possibility. You can confidently use any of our products, HEED included, in your competitions. Read more about our quality control procedures at: https://www.hammernutrition.com/company/commitment-to-quality/https://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/faqs/what-are-your-quality-control-procedures/
BOTTOM LINE: You can use any of the Hammer Nutrition supplements or fuels with complete confidence!
Q: How far apart should you space your dosing? For example if you take them at lunch and then three times in the evening is that too close together?
A: For best results, and also to minimize stomach distress potential, try to space each dose of Race Day Boost 3-4 away from each other.
Q: How would I use this product with multiple races a week for a 4 month time frame vs usage for one big race?
A: Hammer Nutrition does not recommend the use of Race Day Boost on a weekly basis. You may (key word "may") be able to derive benefits from using it twice monthly, but that is still cutting it very close. The reasons for taking a minimum of 2 weeks off between loading doses are: 1) Without sufficient time in between loading doses, the beneficial effects will diminish, as the body builds up a tolerance to the sodium phosphate in the product. 2) Every day that you do the recommended 4-day dose with Race Day Boost, you are adding 772 mg of sodium to your daily intake. That puts you at 34% of the World Health Organization's recommended daily total of 2,300 mg, which is already an amount that the overwhelming majority of people can't adhere to. Doing a loading dose with Race Day Boost on a weekly or every-other-week basis is supplying your body with too much sodium. 3) High and/or prolonged intakes of phosphate are believed to interfere with calcium absorption. Because of these three factors, we recommend saving Race Day Boost for your key races only, abstaining from using the product for a minimum of 2 weeks between loading doses, ideally 3-4 weeks.
Q: It says that the product must be tested in training prior to use in a race. Do you do the entire 4 days when you are testing it in training? How long prior should you test it? Weeks prior or days prior? If I have a marathon, is testing it two weeks prior too soon or too late?
A: Most people do a full 4-day load while testing the product in training; however, since the real goal is to assess how your body responds to the product (it’s not really to see any performance benefits), a shorter and smaller load is just fine. I would suggest this “abbreviated” dosing as your “test” load: Day One: 4 capsules 2x/day Day Two: 4 capsules 3x/day Day Three: 4 capsules 4x/day Doing the test 2-3 weeks prior is sufficient… if you do the above-listed test load, you will be fine to do the full 4-day load prior to your marathon.
Q: Do I need 4 bottles for 1 race?
A: You will need 1 bottle to complete the "standard" loading dose for a race. Daily dose is 16 capsules (4 capsules, 4 times per day). At the end of the 4-day load, you will have consumed 64 capsules of Race Day Boost, the amount that's in 1 bottle.
Q: If I take a dose the day of the race or before, will they be any help? If the race is not very long?
A: In order to receive maximum benefits from Race Day Boost it requires a 4-day loading dose, taking a specific number of capsules (based on body weight) up to 4 times a day. You may see some benefits of taking 1 or 2 doses the day before the race; however, compared to a full 4-day load, the benefits will be minimal.
At Athleti, we provide fast shipping on all sports nutrition, hydration, and fitness products straight to your door.
CARRIERS: All Nutrition and Hydration Products are shipped via FedEx, Canada Post, or courier and can be tracked online. All Fitness Products are shipped via Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, or courier from Canada. We partner with Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, and CanPar, known for their fast, safe, and reliable service from coast-to-coast.
- Ontario & Quebec: 2-4 business days
- Manitoba, Saskatchewan, & Alberta: 3-7 business days
- British Columbia: 5-8 business days
- Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island): 2-10 business days
- Northwest Territories & Yukon: 2-13 business days
- Nunavut: 6-13 business days