Protein supplementation is absolutely essential for any hard-training athlete to maintain, repair, and grow lean muscle mass. Hammer Whey, ideal for supporting your immune system, as well as enhancing recovery between workouts and races, helps you obtain the full amount of protein you need daily.
Whey is the most easily assimilated of all proteins and is packed with a tremendous amount of naturally occurring branched chain amino acids. Hammer Whey also contains high amounts of other recovery-specific amino acids and is glutamine fortified for immune system support. Hammer Whey is 100% whey protein isolate, not the usually found concentrate, so you get more actual protein per serving and less lactose and fat.
Serious endurance athletes need protein far above the normal adult RDA, so make sure you always have Hammer Whey on hand.
Contains only 100% undenatured (non-heated) whey isolate, which is virtually lactose & fat free but rich in immune-enhancing beta-lactoalbumins and alpha-lactalbumins. Gram per gram we believe you won't find a higher quality protein at a better value, especially when you compare the whey protein isolate in Hammer Whey to cheaper whey concentrates, most of which contain only 70-85% actual protein and higher amounts of fat and lactose.
Vanilla: 80 Calories ; 5 calories from fat ; 0.3 g total fat , 1 g total carbohydrate , 1 g sugars , 18 g protein , 19 mg calcium , 414 mcg iron.
Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine, Natural Flavor, Stevia. Contains milk.
97.9% lactose free, glutamine enhanced whey protein. Consume for recovery enhancement immediately following workouts and races or as part of a do-it-yourself Meal Replacement Product (MRP). See chart below to determine your daily protein intake requirements.Mixing / Usage Instructions:
- Mix 1 scoop of Hammer Whey in 4-6 ounces of water and consume immediately following exercise.
- Mix 1 1⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 scoops Hammer Whey with 3-4 servings (6-8 Tbsp.) of Hammer Gel in 8-10 ounces (approx 235-500 ml) or more of water. This provides 366-476 calories from a 3:1 ratio of complex carbohydrates (69-92 grams) and 22.5-27 grams of protein.
- Mix 1 1⁄2 - 1 3⁄4 scoops of Hammer Whey with 3-4 scoops of HEED in 10-16 ounces (approx 300-475 ml) of water. This yields 408-526 calories in a 3:1 ratio of 75-100 grams of complex carbohydrates (69-92 grams) and 22.5-27 grams of protein.
- Mix 2-3 scoops of Sustained Energy with 1 scoop of Hammer Whey in 12-24 ounces (approx 350-710 ml) of orange juice. This provides approximately 460-575 calories from 27-31 grams of protein and approximately 81-105 grams of carbohydrates.
- To support a strong immune system during periods of stress and/or high training volume, and to safely raise levels of hGH (up to 400%!), take 1 scoop of Hammer Whey in 4-6 ounces (approx 118-177 ml) of water only, no carbohydrates, up to 30 minutes prior to bedtime.
Whey protein should not be used immediately before or during exercise due to it's tendency to produce ammonia, which causes muscle fatigue.
Daily Protein Intake Chart:
How much protein do endurance athletes need? Numerous studies have demonstrated that endurance athletes in heavy training need more protein than recreational athletes do. This chart gives you a good reference as to how much protein you should consider consuming daily from all sources, diet and supplemental protein powders.